Thursday, July 17, 2014

66° and another beautiful day. How great is that? I have a busy backyard this morning. There are lots of birds out here this morning and several squirrels. What is interesting is that I've only had one or two squirrels this week, and this morning there were at least six out there as I sat down with my cup of coffee. Maybe they went to Disneyland for a vacation or something and just got home. Welcome home, you bunch of fuzzy tailed rats! Surprise --- the pupperonis are coming this afternoon for the weekend. So, don't count on any long stays at the buffet table for the next few days.

If there is such a thing; it was a perfect day for a funeral yesterday and it went well. The deceased was a World War II veteran so the local VFW did their ceremony and they did it well. The cemetery sits at the top of a rise and the sound of Taps floating on the breeze certainly adds a dramatic flair to the ceremony.

I think today I need to mow the yards and pick the produce from the garden. I did not get back to my flowerbed yesterday like I had thought I would so it is about time to throw on my jeans and get something productive done. I'm sitting here looking at a ripe tomatoe on a container plant right now that needs to be brought in and introduced to some bacon, bread and lettuce. When I picked the vegetables a couple of days ago I left several tomatoes on that I thought could use maybe two more days on the vine. I think today is the day to bring them in. Tomorrow Ms. Kate plans on her and Julie putting up corn in the freezer. And --- we need to be checking on the local peaches too. Its time to be busy ants instead of lazy grasshoppers.

I did manage to get most of my sermon written for next Sunday. It just takes a little patience sometimes to let it flow. I know people who can do extemporaniously what it takes me days to try and put together. All I can say is "God bless them." I write and rewrite until I think it makes sense. Thank goodness for computers. I would go through a lot of paper and pencils or ink if I had to do it the "old fashioned" way.

God has a world waiting outside my windows that I better get to. Before I do though, I must thank God for that world. But while I am enjoying my micro-square of God's world, I pray for the people in other parts of our country. Some areas have been ravished by terrible storms again this week. People have lost homes and there were a couple of storm related deaths. Yet, in the western states of our country they are suffering from a historic drought. The nations crops and produce raised in that part of the world are drying up to non-existence. So, Lord, your people need your help. Please calm the spirits of the people and bring the healing rain where it is needed so very badly.

Open yourself up today to recognize that the Spirit of God is walking with you with every step you take. Think positiive thoughts and give good will freely. Your day will get even better.



No comments:

Post a Comment