Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wow, a cool 61° this morning. It feels wonderful and I'm glad because my neighbor and I plan to put in new flag poles today. The biggest problem I have is that I have to dig the base of the old one out before I can put the new one in, and I did a really good job of putting the old one in. So, we are calling today "Iwo Jima Day" since we are raising the colors.

I walked out by the garden this morning and it appears I need to pick the squash and cucumbers as well as the yellow tomatoes. I love it that we have had such a great garden this year. Yesterday we went to the produce stand and picked up some more sweetcorn. Ms. Kate put up another nine pints to serve when we have company.

My blog will be short this morning since my neighbor has already called and picking up his stuff he needs for us to put in his flag pole. We are very blessed to have a good neighbor like Dan. He and I have so much in common.

So, -- my prayers are once again prayers of gratitude. I try to take stock of my blessings each day because I am just so very fortunate to be able to live the life I live. I also raise up my 101 year old parishioner who I visited yesterday. I trust God is giving her peace to her soul. I fear she won't see Christmas except by watching the day come and go while sitting with the Lord. I also lift up a young lady from the church who is anxious about a medical procedure she is having tomorrow and asked me to pray for her.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment