Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The low rumble of thunder is a constant sound this morning coming out of the distant northwest. There is an occasional flash of lightening too from off in the distance as I look through the trees. We've had no rain here yet and frankly the way the weather happens around here it could possibly miss us altogether.  But a good inch of rain would be a blessing. Certainly the dark morning sky looks promising.

When I first came out here this morning the air was full of birdsong. The Sparrows and the Housefinches were all full of flutter and cheep, cheep, cheep. Now the yard has gone quiet. One squirrel sits out on a feeder and only a few birds sit quietly picking at seed. Maybe we will get a storm come through. I believe the birds and animals sense these things better than our best technology.

I'm up an hour earlier than usual this morning. No particular reason other than a nature call and then the desire for a cup of coffee. I was up until 0115 this morning catching up on this season's Under The Dome television show that we had recorded. It is one the very few shows that I try to follow. The original book was written by Stephen King and the show departed from that scenario a long time ago, but they have developed a good story line.  He was even in the season opener this year and has given the series writers his blessing to take the story where they see fit.

I'm hearing rain drops on the roof but not seeing much evidense other of that. But this is hopefully just the leading edge. If it rains very hard, it will take a lot of the fragile blooms from the phlox. But God keeps his creation to what God needs it to be even if the methods might seem overly destructive at times.

I was watching a show the other evening about space and man's attempts to peer through space via powerful telescopes. The bi-line was that there are thousands of galaxies out there with suns and planets and it is therefore entirely possible, if not probable,  that we are not alone in this universe. I have no problem with that thinking. I know the fundamentalists will call me a heretic but only man would be so arrogant as to try to limit the power of God. Jesus said "In my Father's house there are many mansions. If it were not so, I would tell you." Who knows the true meaning of those words? I don't. As far as I'm concerned --- God can create all the worlds and universes that God wants to and I'll just thank God for continuing to fill my life with goodness and blessings. Wrap your head around this thought; (and it might take a second cup of coffee) but, consider the fact that this planet already holds a billion individually God- loved people, and the possibility that there may be another billion planets full of God-loved people --- how amazingly deep must the love of God truly be? So, if today you share even a micro-bit of that love with someone; you are on some powerful territory. But what the heck; --- take the challenge and share some of God's freely given love with someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment