Tuesday, October 31, 2023

 Happy Halloween! It is going to be a cold, cold night for the little Trick or Treaters this evening. I guess “the Monkey will ride” again this year though. Or maybe I’ll just sit out there on the John Deere and wait for them to come along. I’m not actually sure I know where I put the “monkey mask” that I have been using for the past decade. But, I’ll have on my warm wear stuff for sure. I think it is supposed to be around  30 degrees at at Trick or Treating hour. My guess is that there will be a lot of “Taylor Swifties” running around out there tonight. She is all the rage  theses days. I saw that she just made “Billionaire” status with her music and concerts. And me —- don’t know that I have ever heard of a song she sings. 

Yesterday Ms. Kate and I made a couple of apple pies because Julie, Jim, and their friend Karyn were coming over. I must say that the pies were absolutely delicious. Kate had been wanting to make some earlier but her health had kept her from it. So I went to Schnucks yesterday morning to get some Golden Delicious apples. Kate wanted a couple of bags of them. Well, they didn’t have any bags of them and they were priced at $2.00 a pound for them. That amounted to approximately $1.00 an apple. So, I went to the IGA and found 3lb bags for less than $5.00. I brought them home and we got to work on them. We have one pie left and I’ll be starting on that one today. 

31st of October! I have two months left in the job or only nine Sundays left. That’s not long is it? I have to admit that I’m nervous for the parish because we have not received except one profile of an interested person in becoming the pastor. But I can’t let that be my concern. As my mentor and friend, Art Christmas tells me, It’s God’s parish; God will handle it as it needs to be handled. I know our profile is out there. I reckon they will have an interim for awhile. 

Today we are doing some laundry; actually just changing and washing the bed clothes. Sure glad we are in the days of indoor drying and not like it was when Kate and I were kids and our mothers had to hang the wash outside. Although, there is a lady that lives just across the block that always hangs her was outside. I don’t know why; maybe she just like that fresh air smell on the clothes. 

So, have a great Halloween, don’t eat too much candy, and then let all start thinking about Thanksgiving and counting our blessings. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment