Tuesday, October 3, 2023

 Happy Tuesday morning. It is 62 degrees and sunny this morning, little to no breeze out there. The neighbor’s “rooster-beagles” as I call them are busy barking to make sure everyone in the neighborhood is awake. 

I thought that maybe by this morning the birds would have discovered that I have filled the feeders but so far, —- no one is around. That’s alright, they will discover it soon enough. One squirrel did just come through the yard and was carrying something in its mouth. I don’t know what that might have been. I don’t have any acorn bearing trees so it couldn’t have been a nut. It might have been a small tomato. What ever it is, the squirrel is looking around for a place to bury it right now. They are entertaining little critters. I do love watching them despite the fact they cost me a a lot of money in Black Oil sunflower seed. But, when one puts things in perspective; I guess it isn’t bad. I spend a little over $800.00 a year for the sunflower seed, and then about $400.00 for the other kinds of bird seed. That’s about $1,200.00 a year for my peace and comfort and relaxation and enjoyment. Some people spend that much for seats at the Super Bowl to see a game that I watch for free on my television. It’s all relative isn’t it?

According to my Google calendar, I should be heading home from vacation today yet. So, I guess tat means that I am still on vacation today. Maybe I need to review or make another chores list for today then.  There is certainly always something that needs to be done around here. Maybe today I could tackle my garage and straighten things up out there. Or, maybe today we could go put fall decorations on the family graves if Kate feels like it. I don’t know, we’ll see what the day brings. 

In the mean time, I hope you have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment