Thursday, October 12, 2023

 Happy Thursday afternoon. Another busy day for us today but today’s adventure had nothing to o with going to a doctor. It has been a long time since I have been able to say that. 

Last evening I had choir practice at the church after I had spent the afternoon running the bulletins for Sunday. After choir practice, I asked one of my smart Tekky guys about something to do with my computer and printer. Well, unfortunately, when I left the church, I forgot to take the flash drive out of the computer and bring it home with me. My “church world” lives on that flash drive, all my services, all my sermons and programs I’m currently working on. That meant I had to go back up to the church this morning  and retrieve my flash drive so I can continue my work. So, I proposed to Ms. Kate that we get ourselves ready, go to breakfast, then up to the church and pick up my flash drive. Then, I needed to get a haircut and she wanted to go to the Dollar Tree store to look for some flowers and decorations for the cemeteries,.

So, we went to Sunrise Cafe for a great breakfast and then up to the church. I got to the barbershop and it was packed. I guess it is “Fall Break” for the school kids and every kid needed a haircut. Okay, it wasn’t that bad but, —- there was a long wait. There are five barbers in the shop I go to and I have a particular barber named Mary that I like to cut my hair. I signed in and it looked like there was only one call for Mary. But, I was wrong. There were three guys waiting on Mary, so it took a while. When I get my hair cut, I like to just sit there and let the barber cut my hair without a lot of conversation. Other guys seem to think they need to have a relationship between them and their barber and want to jabber on forever. All three of these guys were takers. In they meantime, Kate is sitting out in the car waiting. I finally called her and told her that if she wants to come in — there is a bathroom that she could use if she needs to. She did come in about the time Mary called my name. But, I got a nice haircut and will be good for another four weeks or so. We never made it to Dollar Tree. I guess we will do that maybe tomorrow. 

The great thing about all of this is that Kate felt well enough to do all of it. She is doing so very much better. Her surgeon called her today and said that her CT scan show that she still has two either abscesses or lesions on her colon, so she isn’t healed. But he is doing a referral for her to Infectious disease people to see if they think it is a problem and if they have something they can do to treat it without going back on the antibiotic pills that have been causing her all of this trouble. So, it is still a wait and see, but they are not seeing anything that requires surgery at this point. So, we will relax about it until told not to relax about it, and we will continue to give all praise to God for the care she has been given. 

That’s my report for today. Have yourself a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment