Thursday, November 2, 2023

 Welcome to November. I started a blog yesterday but didn’t more than a sentence written and got interrupted. Then I didn’t get back to it because the day was just that busy. 

How was your Halloween? Did you have a lot of tricksters and treaters? I did my usual thing. I get on my lawn mower and go sit down by the street. I have a monkey mask that I wear and have worn for years but this year I couldn’t find it so I just put on my warm clothes and sit there and pass out candy. I did have several of the kids ask me “Where’s the monkey?” It was a miserable cold evening this time for the kids and us adults too. On my little section of the street thee are four of us that sit out and wait for the kids. Across the street from me is a guy that goes all out for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas with all of that blow-up stuff. He couldn’t possibly put any more things out there. I have to believe that it raises his electric bill up. Then he always has some elaborate costume that he wears to scare the kids. Reminds me of me many years ago when I was his age. All of my decorations though were home made and our house was always the one to gravitate to. 

It was 43 degrees when I went out to begin the evening and I stayed for two hours. By then the temperature had dropped to about 37, the wind had picked up considerably, and I had served at least 90 customers. I wimped out and came in. It was fully dark by then and I only had two small groups come by after that. So this year we only had about half of the number that we generally have. I have a lot of small candy bars waiting to tempt me now. 

Yesterday was a busy day, as I said. We did laundry, I did some writing, and then we had company all afternoon. And I had my weekly go to the church stuff to do; running bulletins, prepping the sanctuary, and then staying for choir practice. We are singing two different numbers between now and Christmas, plus we have a quartet that is going to do a number. We also have a Children’s Christmas program at each church. On Christmas Eve morning I have a soloist from each church singing “O Holy Night” for their Christmas Eve service. So there is a lot going on during our worship services in the next eight weeks. 

Today I absolutely have to fill my bird feeders. Everything is empty. And I will probably run my mower over my leaves one more time just clean up the yard a bit. Although, I saw a video the other day on Facebook that told us not to rake our leaves. Allegedly it promotes firefly growth and protection, and of course it is good much. But I use a mulching blade on my mower so I’d think that would be the same thing. I showed the article to someone and their comment was: —- “that woman obviously live in an HOA!” True, true, true. 

I’ve rambled on enough today. Have yourself a great Thursday and set yourself up for a Fantastic Friday! Peace, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment