Thursday, October 5, 2023

 Happy Thursday to you. I’m hearing rain drops the beginning of the rain-drops hitting the roof of the sunporch. The forecast calls for rain most of the day until maybe around 1600 today. We can certainly use some rain to settle the dust. I went out an mulched the leaves again yesterday and there was a cloud of dust filling the air. So this will be nice. The rain is slow enough at the moment that it is neat to watch the large drops as they land in the birdbath and make a splash. I’m easily amused. I cleaned the birdbaths out again yesterday. There was more leaves than water in them. The leaves lay in there and get gnarly. But, the birds still drink the water and take baths in it. 

I have one cardinal that is being a bossy bird this morning. He doesn’t want to share a feeder or a birdbath.  If other birds come near, he runs them off. But I have all-of the feeders full so no one is doing without. But he doesn’t have to start the morning off by being rude. I may have to have a talk with him about manners. LOL. 

Yesterday was another doctor appointment day for Kate. It seems that we have one every other day. I know she is so tired of it and really tired of taking all of the antibiotics because they keep her nauseous. She has an appointment with her surgeon on Monday or Tuesday, I’m not sure which. It’s hard to keep up without my calendar in front of me. 

Besides doctor visit yesterday, it was also laundry day. We had all of our post vacation laundry to get done. It always takes Kate days to get everything put away when we return home. I generally have everything of mine put away within the first hour and my suitcase carried down to the basement. Probably my “stow and go” mentality left over from the military. 

Today I have to “get back on the job”. Prior to vacation I worked extremely hard to get ahead so I wouldn’t have to rush when I came back. But today needs to be a writing day and since it is going to be a rainy day anyhow, why not make use of it. Tomorrow I will go to the church’s an make sure everything is in order. 

So, that’s it for today. Have a blessed day. Peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment