Wednesday, October 25, 2023

 Wednesday again — already. It’s a warm morning @ 62 degrees and little to no wind. I watching more and more leaves fall from the trees. Across the street, Dan’s Maple trees are starting to turn. They will get to a nice red before they suddenly fall. All of that could happen within the week. Cold weather is coming in this weekend. I thought our cleaning lady was coming yesterday but I had my calendar wrong and she came today. She and I will get the porch potted plants in today because next Tuesday they are predicting first frost and first freeze. When the temperature dumps, it dumps quick. At least there is no prognosis of snow in the forecast. However, the north third of the country cannot say the same. Friends of ours are already posting snow pictures on Facebook. It’s messing up their golf games. LOLOL. 

Being Wednesday, that means I have to go to the church to run my bulletins for the week and then stay for choir practice. I hope this week we have a better turn out for choir. We only had enough for a quartet last week and I was the lone male singer which is never good. I rely on those young guys to cover up my mistakes. “There was a day” when I could hold my own in choir and even did a few solos and duets. These days though the voice is weak and I have a difficult remember the note “sound”. And then I get so focus on the tone of the note that I sing the wrong words. I’m an old mess and need a keeper I think. LOL. But I enjoy singing, whether anyone else enjoys my singing can be debatable. 

Ms. Kate and I decided to go to Chipotle for dinner last night. They have a new place on the east side of town and we thought we would give it a try. Actually Kate wanted to try it. We have another one also on the east side of town but its location is terrible. One can hardly get in and out of their parking lot because it is on the corner of a very busy intersection, and when you do manage to get in the parking lot, there is hardly any parking. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that location close now that the new place is open. Any way, we went and I got us a couple of Carne Asada bowls to take home. It was “okay”. What surprised me though was that the young kid running the cash register actually did not know how to handle a cash transaction and had to ask someone to help him. I guess they are so used to people paying with their credit or debit card. I mentioned this to Julie and Lisa last night and they said that wasn’t unusual. Lisa and her family just went to Kings Dominion Theme park last weekend and she said the entire park was “cashless” and card only. Julie said that people are surprised that her bookstore still takes cash because the rest of the university only uses cards. Amazing. What are we going to do when the electric grid goes down and people can’e use their card? Do we just not buy anything?? Or what do we do when entire networks get hacked and accounts stolen?  Technology is great for a lot of things, but it can’t become the only solution. Artificial Intelligence use is becoming an actual worry to a lot of the nations leadership. The Jetson’s world is not going to be all we thought it would be in my opinion. 

Notes from the Sunporch —- we had four Bluebirds at once here yesterday in the backyard Buffet. Obviously they are migrating to somewhere. But it was a beautiful sight. 

That’s it for today. I need to go out and clear the leaves out of the patio plants so we can bring them in. Have a blessed week. Stay in touch with God. God certainly will stay in touch with you. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment