Monday, October 9, 2023

 It’s October 9th, Columbus Day, — and I’m wondering if anyone cares. It is a Federal Holiday which means that banks and post offices and government offices are closed; —- however, the rest of the world moves on. It’s also known as Indigenous People’s Day thanks to President Joe Biden. Anything for a vote. I do remember my elementary school days where we would participate in little skits and have an assembly to honor Christopher Columbus based on a lot of errant history. But, I’m not going to start a political argument. I’ll just ignore the “holiday” and carry on. 

I think I told you that my son-in-law John had had a mild stroke last week. He is now home from the hospital and isn’t too much worse for the event. He still has some peripheral vision problems and must be cleared by the ophthalmologist before he can drive. I can see where it would be a problem because it is his left eye and that is the side that cars and people pass you on when you are driving. Hopefully this will clear up for him. But he is extremely lucky if that is the worst that he comes out with for all of this. Don’t drop him from your prayers just yet. 

We’re getting our selves dressed and ready to take Ms. Kate for her consult with her surgeon. I think this is a “follow-up” from her hospitalization she had here but he is going to have to also look over the records from her hospitalization in Texas. I just hope he doesn’t try to suggest that she take any more antibiotics. I suspect he will ask for to go take another CT scan, but maybe they will have gotten her results from the one in Texas by now. She didn’t go to church again yesterday because of the nausea tat comes from taking the antibiotics. She has two more days of them and I just hope that Dr. Roberts will say she can just stop them, period. The lady is worn out from being sick and nauseous every day. We have to make her “gooder”. 

I think I will stop and buy a Powerball lottery ticket while we are out and about. I stand as good of a chance of winning that $1.5 billion dollars as anyone else. Even after taxes, there would still be enough to fill up both gas tanks and go grocery shopping. My mind can’t even comprehend what I would do with that kind of money. 

Time to get in the car. I hope you have a blessed week. Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment