Thursday, October 26, 2023

 Thursday, just past noon: I’m sitting here with a face, mouth, gum, and tongue all numb on the right side. I just came home from a dental filling.  For what ever reason, it always seems to take extra novocaine to prep me for dental work. Then it takes an extra hour for my face to return to normal again. So, I’m sitting here hungry and thirsty but I don’t dare try to eat or drink just yet because I will either spill on myself, or bite my tongue or jaw or something. So, I guess I will maybe try to drink something from my left side and hope it goes well. 

I spent the afternoon yesterday at the churches as I had told you I would be doing. I got the bulletins run and placed for this Sunday and I had time to run the bulletins for next week. As luck would have it, today I got a text from the choir director asking if we can move the date of the quartets song to a different Sunday. They were supposed to sing next week and I have that in the bulletin, —- but, —- what ever. Of course we can move it. Are you kidding? I’m just thrilled that we have a quartet that wants to do a number. Now, I wonder if I can convince them to sing at both churches???? I know the folks at St. Paul’s would enjoy them singing and I love the song they are going to do: “Amazing Grace, My Chains Are Gone”. Well the worst they can say is “no”. 

I need to get on the JD and mulch leaves again today. They are really coming down now. My Tulip Polar in the front yard, the one we call “Harley” is almost totally devoid of leaves now. The two in the back are losing their leaves fast too. Yesterday, Kari, (our cleaning lady) and did get the potted plants brought in to the sun porch. It’s supposed to drop temperatures really quick this weekend. Halloween is going to be miserable for the local kids as the high for the day is supposed to be 48 and we may be having rain. Speaking of which, I have yet to buy any candy for Halloween. I better do that in the next couple of days. 

That’s it for today. I’m going to get a cup of coffee and see if I can “side-drink it”. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment