Wednesday, October 11, 2023

 Good morning on a crisp 57 degrees morning. The sun is shining and it is just a beautiful autumn day. 

It’s going to be another busy day. First thing this morning Kari will be arriving in a few minutes to clean the pace up. She does such an excellent job. One of the smarter things we have done is to have a house cleaner come in a couple of times a month. She does the vacuuming and dusting, cleans the bathrooms, and cleans mirrors as they need it. Basically she does all of the things that require a lot of stretching and reaching and bending that Kate and I just don’t seem to be able to do anymore. And, she’s a great person. 

We’ve spent the last two days doing doctor’s appointments. We don’t have the results back as of yet so we’re waiting patiently or maybe not so patiently on those. Kate read the results on her “My Chart” page but unless you speak “doctoreze” who knows what they are telling us. One would think they could have put in a simple statement like; “it’s better than it was” or something like that. But no, they put all of these medical terms in the report so you still have to guess what is being said. 

I finished my October services and sermons last night. Wow, —- it’s beginning to be real. This morning’s email contained the official announcement from the Evangelical Association asking for resumes for a new pastor for my churches. I have to admit, it gave me a twinge of sadness. I love being at the parish but it is time to cut the cord and bring in a young person to do God’s work in the parish. I just pray that whoever comes in will love those folks as much as I do. I think God and I have an agreement that it is time for me to step down. 

Today I have to go to the parish and run the bulletins for this coming Sunday. I’m going to have to run extras because we are having an infant baptism this Sunday at St. Pau’s and the mom told me that she expects a large crowd. I love a full church. Next Sunday, the 22nd, I get to do another baptism. It’s my lucky month. Everyone knows that infant baptisms are my favorite part of the job. I’ll miss doing that.. 

I reckon that is about it for today. I hope your week is fully blessed. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment