Monday, August 14, 2023

 Welllll, pooop! Ms. Kate’s doctor’s appointment got pushed back a week. We don’t know why other than the doctor’s office called and said it was cancelled for today. We were really hoping to get her seen today and maybe find out what her health issues are. But — it is what it is. 

This certainly not the bright shiny morning that we have been having. It rained a good portion of the night. We received .66 inches here so far and it looks like it could start raining again any minute now. In fact Accuweather app show rain for the next couple of hours. We certainly do not need any right now but there isn’t any need to complain because there is nothing we can do about it. Our forecaster last night said this will all over today and then look for sunny skies and milder temperatures and a little lower humidity until the weekend when the 90’s will return. But — as I said the other day, I can feel the “change” towards fall, and it is a welcome change. 

Today I am going to take advantage of the rain and get some writing done. I have several services worked up that I need to write for. Yesterday we had. Good crowd in the service. I was obvious that vacations are pretty well over and kids are back in school. Our Bible study last evening was really good. I am so pleased   With the way it has gone. We aren’t a big group, usually between nine and twelve people but everyone joins in the conversation. That is very refreshing. We did some Bible studies several years ago and it was a totally different crowd. It was mostly the senior ladies of the church; (people who were what my age is now) and they were from an era where they sat and listened to me teach as opposed to joining in. I loved them dearly but it is hard to teach when you don’t get feedback. I think everybody gives input in our current study. That makes it fun. We only have one more night. I expect the wrap-up to be lively. 

I did parishioner visitation on Saturday and it went well. It is always nice to be able to sit and talk to folks one-on-one and be able to have them open up about what their health issues might be and more importantly how they feel about their condition. People take things like hospitalization in totally different ways. Some times they are fearful, sometimes they just takes it in stride. But they almost always seem grateful that the pastor came by and prayed with them.  

That’s it for today. I pray you have a blessed week. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment