Wednesday, August 30, 2023

 What another beautiful day we have today. It was 66 degrees with a stiff breeze when I came out to turn on the coffee pot this morning. The sun is shiny brightly and there is very little humidity this week. This is a far cry from what is gong on in north Florida with the hurricane. We’re saying many prayers for all of them, and for people in the outlying bands of this thing and are still in the path as it rapidly moves north and east. My granddaughter  and family are in Wilmington North Carolina and this thing will brush by them, probably at tropical storm strength by then. We had wonderful news from them this weekend as our darling Amanda announced that she is pregnant. We get to be great grandparents again. I just married those two last March. The family is all thrilled on both sides of the aisle. 

Ms. Kari is where the morning to clean so I need to stay out of her way. Kate has gone to the sunporch until Kari get there. By then I will be in the basement busy writing I think. I didn’t get too far last night. I had a hard time pulling the right thoughts together for this sermon. It is from Matthew 21, the parable of the tenants. Sometimes the lessons from the parables are obvious and sometime I need to write, throw away, and rewrite. But —- you know, even the disciples had to sometimes ask Jesus what he was taking about; so I’m in good company. 

I’m having fresh peaches for my breakfast. A friend gave me a couple of bags of them and they have just not hit perfect ripeness, and they are so very good. But, Ms. kate can’t eat them and I have too many so I just offered a bag of them to Kari and she is a happy lady. 

That’s it for today. I’m going to the churches later and run some bulletins. It’s a good day to be out and about. I may have to go by the Ritter’s farm stand and pick up some corn on the cob. Season will be over shortly and I’ll ick up a cantelope and watermelon too. 

Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment