Tuesday, August 29, 2023

 I haven’t talked much about my Backyard Buffet in quite awhile. But rest assured I am still enjoying it. The problem is that I have been negligent about keeping it filled. It was either to wet to be out there walking around in the backyard, or we were under an air zone alert, or it was to hot. One can come up with all kinds of excuses if we want to  when the bottom line more often than not is I was being lazy. And I was doing my morning computer / IPad stuff at the kitchen table instead of from the sunporch. 

But I filled all of the feeders again yesterday and the weather is so pleasant that I am out in the sunporch this morning enjoying my kingdom. Besides, —- there is something special about the day when the first thing I see is a pair of Bluebirds having breakfast at the Buffet. This morning’s guests include my regular half dozen or so Cardinals, a couple of hummingbirds, titmouse, sparrows, goldfinches, downy woodpeckers, and of course a couple of squirrels. The squirrels are still unhappy with me because I cut their favorite perching limb off that was next to their favorite feeder. They are going to be even more upset because I have two more limbs that have to be cut out of that Pussy willow tree because they are pressing into my gutter. 

I mowed my front yard yesterday and of course since the JD was running, I went over an mowed Dan’s yard too. They have been on vacation and just got home late Sunday night. But today I have to head to my downstairs office and get my fingers going on the computer keyboard. Tomorrow I’ll be going to the church to run bulletins and also up to a couple of nursing homes for visitation. I will miss that when I retire. 

Okay, the Cardinal gang is back so I’m going to finish my coffee and enjoy watching them. You have yourself a blessed day. Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment