Thursday, August 31, 2023

 The last day of August 2023. Eight months gone to the wind or wherever time goes. Actually, I wonder where time does go? 

Did you see that super blue moon last night with the planet Saturn off to its right? I love to watch the heavenly occurrences such as that. I love to watch meteor showers. The vastness of the universe simply fascinates me. There is so much beauty out there beyond our little planet here in the middle of the Milky Way galaxy.  I love to watch programs that show the pictures of space taken from the Hubble or the new Webb Space Telescope. They are so fantastic. I look at those images and my only thought is “God made that; the same God that watches over me.” How fantastic is that to realize. It’s hard to wrap ones mind around the concept. 

I know my mind goes off on tangents sometimes but I sometimes think about what we will be doing in our eternal existence. Every person who has any concept of life after the discontinuation of physical life on this planet has some idea of what they think it will be like. As a Christian, I firmly believe in life after death. However, I don’t think it will be a just sitting around in the “Glorious Cafe” having an endless cup of coffee chatting with the loved ones. I think perhaps God will have an eternal task for us; a task so profound that it will take us an eternity to begin to accomplish it. I hope my spirit will be assigned to supervise or help in the development of life on one of those billions of planets that are just hanging out there in the realms of the heavens. My concept of heaven is that our spirits will be united with our full potential and we shall join our minds together and we shall know one another by our spirits of love. Our scripture says that God created mankind in His own image; if God is spirit and love; —- then so shall we be.  Scripture says that on the seventh day, God rested. I take that to mean that on the eighth day; God went back to work. Okay —- enough of my mental rabbit trail for today.   

The “ding-alarm” on my smart watch has been going off all morning like crazy. It is the activation of the motion sensor on my bird feeder. It has been a busy place all morning. Mostly it is the cardinals and finches. Once in a while a goldfinch stops by or a bluebird. 

I have convinced Ms. Kate that we need to go out for breakfast, so it is time to head out. Have a most blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment