Tuesday, August 1, 2023

 Well, good morning August.  Why don’t you hang around for about 31 days and visit. You certainly started out nice tis morning. It was 61 degrees when I went out at 6:00 am. Now however, the sun is screaming for attention and heating the place up rapidly. It has gone up about 15 degrees in the last couple of hours. 

Yes, I got up and went out to work on a flowerbed first thing this morning. I beat the sun and it was perfectly lovely out there. I got a lot of weeds pulled up and vines pulled out and the lilies deadheaded. There is a heck of a lot to do yet and maybe I’ll follow the shade and do some more a bit later. It isn’t supposed to get too hot today and the humidity will be in check for one more day. That really helps.

Yesterday we had to take Ms. Kate to the dentist to get fitted for a crown replacement. It will take a couple of weeks for them to get the crown in. She had the old crown break off a few weeks ago but she was going through her radiation treatments at the time so her dentist put in a temporary tooth until she could come back and be fitted for the new one. 

I filled several feeder in the Backyard Buffet yesterday. My critters are happy. I’m not filing as many right now because there is plenty of food out in the wild. I should have a delivery coming from Wild Birds and Things today. I need to name all of my birds and squirrels so I can start claiming them on my income tax as deductions. I think today’s order cost me about $150.00. But —- yes, I get a lot of enjoyment watching them, and I really love that new feeder/camera that Heather and John got me. It goes off constantly and I get a 10 second video of what ever bird has dropped by for a snack. The Cardinals seem to really love the foo I put in that feeder and so do the Chickadees. Thankfully, the blackbirds and starlings have not discovered it so far. Although they aren’t around very much during the summer. Just wait until the first cold snap comes along; they will be right here. 

I have to brag about my youngest daughter, Lisa. Yesterday she took two tests having to do with her job as director of a North Carolina State owned nursing home/nursing facility. One was for her state certification and one was a National Certification to qualify her for the job. She had four hours to take both tests; and she finished both tests in about an hour and a half and passed both. She has been working and studying her tail off and her hard work has paid off. She is now certified to run any facility like that in the nation. We are all extremely proud of her. And —- she absolutely loves her job. She makes a very good “boss”. She cares so much about her staff and she cares so very much about her patients. She was absolutely the right person for this new job she is in. But then —- all off my girls are in strong management / high stress positions and they all excel at their positions. I’m not ashamed to brag on any of them. 

That’s it for today. I hope your day goes well. Peace. 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment