Wednesday, August 2, 2023

 Good morning on this kind of over-cast day called August 2nd. I'm relegated to my office down stairs because this is Kari's day to come and clean and I can stay out of the way. What a great decision we made by hiring her. She does a wonderful job and she gets down and around all of those places we have a hard time reaching anymore. Today is a typical example; I got up this morning with a sore hip. I don't know why but it is tough to get around today. She does all of the vacuuming and mopping and dusting and the place looks great when she leaves. We have her twice a month and she's here for about four hours and her price is extremely reasonable. 

I heard some thunder rumbling at 0600 this morning. I had planned to do another early morning weed-pull but decided since it was raining that another hour of sleep was the preferred idea. Actually, it turned into two more hours so I had to move quick to get my shower and get dressed before Kari came at 0900. However, when I did get up and look outside, --- apparently the rain didn't amount to very much because the sidewalk and street was barely still damp. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it. We are supposed to have rain on and of for the next several days. My garden and flowers, and yes the dang weeds, will all appreciate it. 

I think I will leave the house today around 1430 and do all of my chores for the day. I have a visitation to do at a nursing home, then go to St. Paul's and run bulletins and set things up for Sunday, then at 1730 I have a couple and some of their family coming in to St. Paul's for me to baptize their son. I normally do baptisms during the worship service on Sunday but several of the "baptism party" work every Sunday so I'm doing it today after they all get off of work. It's not a problem for me. They wanted me to be able to do the baptism before I retire at the end of the year. I married the couple and baptized their oldest son as well as many of the other members of the family. When you have pastored a church for almost twenty years, it does become "generational". I'm going to miss that when I retire as well as missing a lot of other things about being a pastor. 

Okay, time to button up the blog and get back to work on my August 27th sermon. Have a blessed day. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment