Thursday, August 3, 2023

 Good afternoon on this cloudy/rainy afternoon. I know it is a bit late in the day for a blog entry and I don’t have a lot to say. It’ e been in and out of the house today. 

This morning I had an appointment with my optometrist. I had my cataracts removed a year ago come October. The first six month it was great not having to wear glasses for anything except for reading. But, maybe three months ago I noticed that my distance vision seemed to be getting worse again and I thought maybe I was going to have to start wearing bi-focals a once again. It has gotten to the point where I walk around with my “readying classes hanging off of my nose half of the time and looking over the rims of them. So, I decided it was time I gave in and saw my optometrist and had them checked out. 

Well the good news is that I didn’t have to get bi-focal. The bad news is that I have developed significant scar tissue on my left eye from the cataract surgery and I have the scar tissue beginning to develop on the right eye too. This happens more portend than not I guess and having it taken care of is no great deal and is a relatively minor procedure done with laser. Then it should never come back and my vision will clear up. The optometrist said my vision is 20/20 except for the scar tissue blurring it. So, I have an appointment set up in February of 2024 to have the eyes evaluated once again and see if it is time to have the surgery on both eyes. Chalk it up to the benefits of getting older. In the mean time I’ll just keep swapping the readers off of my face. It will drive others more nuts than it will me. LOL

After my optometry appointment I went to my local Neighborhood Walmart and pick up some groceries. We didn’t need a lot of stuff but Kate wanted to fix lasagna for supper tonight and we needed some of the ingredients. 

That’s my exciting Thursday. Now I have to watch the news and find out who shot who today. It seems like everyday we hear about some body shooting some one. 

Have a blessed evening. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment