Thursday, February 10, 2022

 Well —- we jumped fright over Wednesday didn’t we? That’s because I was busy yesterday. And besides that, I didn’t have any news or thoughts worth sharing. 

Yesterday morning I went to our Neighborhood Walmart store and did I the grocery shopping. I only had a little over a dozen items on my list so it didn’t take a real long time. But I take my time when I go. I actually managed to get everything that was on my list. A lot of people don’t get to say that because grocery stores are like everything else, they don’t get their shipments in so stuff isn’t available. For instance, we like the Walmart brand of low-salt “Ruffles” chips and they only had one bag in the store. On another day, I wanted a head of cabbage and all they had was red cabbage and no green. Maybe if all of the truckers that are currently protesting in Canada about vaccine mandates were out delivering stuff, they could stop some of the shortage. But — I’m not going to get into that argument. 

After I got home, Karen came by to work on the caulking in my shower. While we were in Florida, she came by to check on the house and noticed that my shower needed to be caulked. I had tried to do that a couple of years ago and did a horrible job. First of all, I don’t know what I’m doing and secondly, I can’t get down to do it very easily. However, I feel stupid because Karen  is the same age as I am and she gets down there and does it. But, she had a new product that she used that is a long strip od stuff that sticks to the floor and wall. Unfortunately, it didn’t all stay so she came back yesterday to repair her repair. She knows a heck of a lot more about home repair than I do. And she’s has the patience to do it right the first time and follow directions. 

The snow is still hanging around in places. But the roads are all clear and most of it is gone from the grassy areas. But it is a cooler day today than yesterday, I think 43 is about all we are going to get. That’s still tolerable. Ms. Kate wants to go to Target yet this morning and I’d like to go to Tin Fish Restaurant for lunch. I’m hungry for some raw oysters. And I need to go to Cold Stone Creamery and take advantage of their special, Chocolate Covered Strawberry ice cream. It is a limited product, I assume for Valentines Day. So, I’m waiting for Ms. Kate to get out of the shower, dry her hair and get ready  to go. 

JUlie is coming over this weekend. She has a friend that is having surgery on Monday and Jules is “her person” designated to be with her. Jules is a great kid and friend. It will be great to have her over. I don’t know if she is bringing the pupperonies or not but I suspect she will. 

That’s enough for today. Enjoy the rest of your day. Don’t forget to take time to give thanks to the Lord God who made this day possible for you. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment