Friday, February 4, 2022

 Good morning on a cold snowy February 4th. The sun is trying to break through the clouds and it is brighter than anything we have seen in the last 48 hours. It does look beautiful as I peer through the windows. I went out and measured and I think we have about an inch and a half of combined snow, sleet and frozen stuff on the driveway and sidewalks and well, just everything. With a high of 27 today, nothing is going anywhere fast; not the snow, not the ice, not any people. I’m watching the local news and weather right now to see what is really on the horizon. The weather guy just predicted a high of 24 for tomorrow.  I’m seeing lots closings scrolling across the screen; schools, businesses, all kinds of things. Our trash pick up has been delayed another day, although we didn’t have but one bag anyway and Dan took that and put it in his trash can. 

Yesterday was a “red-letter-day” around here for finding and fixing things. Our I-Robot has been missing for a couple of weeks now. I have looked and look at all of the place that I thought it could get stuck to no avail. Yesterday as I was walking through the dining room I noticed that there were robot tracks along the front of the china cabinet. So, I got down on the floor. (Not an easy thing to do) and sure enough there it was, stuck under there. Of course the battery was dead. It took quite a bit of effort to get it back out of there but “Robbie” is back home. As hard as it was to get it out, I can’t figure out how it actually got under there in the first place. But it did. —— Next, Kate had somehow gotten locked out of her PC. Our attempts to correct it and get her back on only made it worse. Microsoft had made it where we had to wait  X number of hours until they would send us another PIN number. So, last night, I went in and told her computer that I had forgotten the password. I knew they would send her a code so we could change passwords so I had her pull up her email on her IPad and wait for a message . It came through, I changed the password and viola’, we were back in business. Next, she plays a game on the computer called Klondike and has for some time now. Well, for what ever reason, it just disappeared. She plays through Facebook and the game simply didn’t show up anywhere. Once I got her computer back up and running, I texted Julie and asked her about the Klondike game because she and Kate both play it, and Jules gave me the website address to go to. I did so, and it was a simple thing and now Kate has the game back. I have to say, Kate is an ITs worst nightmare. If it can go wrong, it goes wrong for her and her stroke left her unable to understand things and instructions sometimes. First thing this morning, she came out and said the internet must be down because she can’t get on. I checked the modem and router and all was fine. The problem was that the batteries had died on her keyboard. But, stuff like that happens to her all the time with her computer and she gets so frustrated. It makes her feel like an idiot and she certainly isn’t. I used to go to her for all of my computer questions because she basically taught me how to use one. But —- bless her heart, not that way anymore. And, admittedly, I probably don’t make her feel any better because I get frustrated with her getting frustrated with it. I need to be more patient. 

That’s enough about my problems and accomplishments for today. I’m headed to the basement and my office to do some writing. Stay safe, stay indoors if you can. Stay in tough with God. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment