Saturday, February 5, 2022

 Happy February 5th. It is 15 degrees right now and is supposed to go up another ten degrees. The sun is brilliantly shining and the wind is less today so I hope that there will be a little bit of melting going on today. Tomorrow it is supposed to get up to about 40 which will feel like beach weather after this. 

Yesterday I went out and did some shoveling of snow in the driveway. I managed to get about 25 feet down the drive way. In the sun the ice came up pretty well with my shovel. The JD blade of course won’t touch it so shoveling is the only answer. But, I’ll be adding Tylenol to my pills this morning. I’m pretty stiff this morning. As I told my kids, I woke up “old” this morning. I was going to do some more shoveling today but since the temperature is supposed to get up to 40 tomorrow, I think I’ll wait. It’s not like I have to get out but I’m at a point that I could if I needed to. 

I decided to make an Angel Food cake yesterday. It turned out excellent. We aren’t big cake eaters around here. I like it more than Ms. Kate does. But we both love angel food. One year, many years ago I told Ms. Kate that I would have made her a cake for her birthday but I didn’t know how. She laughed at me and said; “You don’t know how to measure a cup and a third of water?””  I did not know that with an angle food cake mix that was all you had to do. My memories were of my mother making Angel Food cake and we had to tip toe around the house so they didn’t “fall. But that was from scratch. Anyway, I’ve been making Angel Food cakes ever since. When I was in Italy I had a great apartment with a full kitchen and I’d get hungry for cake. So, I’d bake a bake and then share it with other service members on my floor. 

Okay, that’s it for today. Stay warm, stay safe. Honor the Sabbath. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment