Thursday, February 24, 2022

 Hello Thursday, How did you sneak past Wednesday? I guess you didn’t but here you are. And what did you bring me??? Rain, sleet, rain some more. You know of course that your repetition is getting old, don’t you?

Well, we last met on Tuesday and I was all set to do my taxes. However, “all set” is as far as it really got. The first thing we did was begging to separate all of our documents into the different categories etc and make sure we had everything. Then I started looking at them and the first thing I found —- my two W2’s from the churches didn’t match. I knew what they were supposed to look like and one of them was correct. But the other has to be re-done. It was a relatively simple error but left as is would cost me some big money. So I have texted the treasurer involved, provided the reference and hopefully I’ll get a new W2 on Sunday and we can proceed. Ms. Kate wants to have the taxes done and out of the way by the end of February but my records indicate it is generally the middle of March before we’re submit them. But —- I too want to get them done and off of my brain.

Yesterday I went to the churches and ran my bulletins for this Sunday and for Ash Wednesday which is next Wednesday. Since we are having a day of rain again today, I plan to go downstairs to my off and write my sermon for the 6th of March. It seems like a worthwhile thing to do. 

The bad weather is affecting folks all over the country. My daughter Lisa and her family were suppose to fly out of Raleigh-Durham airport today for Gary’s dad’s memorial. The flight got cancelled and they now fly out tomorrow morning. My daughter Heather, in Southern California said they had a hard freeze warning going. Of course Julie just lives an hour and a half east of us so we send her our weather. And Stephanie lives over in the Oklahoma City area and send her weather to us. It’s a shared experience and we all get to have weather that sucks. But, the daffodils are up and spring is coming. The Lenten season starts next week and that means we are only seven weeks from Easter. Good stuff is on the way and God has it in control. 

Time for some breakfast. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment