Monday, February 7, 2022

 Hello Monday! Nice to see you and start a brand new week. I wonder, do people still “dread” a Monday? Do they still talk bad about it be another Monday? Do they still say things like “I’ve had a week of Mondays”? I don’t recall ever having a time with Monday. It starts a new week off with all kinds of unknown things coming in a new set of days. It’s the opening of a new chapter of life and a fresh set of opportunities to demonstrate our ability to be a good citizen and a good human being. So, if Mondays bum you out —- give yourself and Monday a break. 

Well, I didn’t get anything more done on my driveway. I can’t believe how hard that ice is sticking to the pavement. I did move my truck out of the driveway and drive it around the block. It was slow going because nothing has been done to our streets in the subdivision of course. I had thought that with the temperature reaching 40 yesterday that maybe it would be easier to move the snow and ice, but ‘twas not to be. Today the temperature is not going above freezing either so I reckon we’ll just wait. Starting tomorrow we are warming up and the stuff will start to actually melt. We might even hit 50 a couple of days this week. That would be tremendous. The good thing is that we are supposed to have a week of sunshine. That does the body and mind good. 

How was your weekend? Did you do anything productive? I spent yesterday putting together my sermon and worship service for the 20th of February. It is going to be about Self-care and how it is a Biblical thing to take care of our bodies, minds and spirits. There are a lot of scripture passages that talk about that; a lot more than I would have thought. I never cease to be amazed at the wisdom contained in those 66 books of the Bible. I’m certainly not a biblical scholar but I have learned how to make use of my Bible. I have never read the Bible from cover to cover like so many people have. I know people who try to read the entire Bible every year and I wonder if they are doing it because they are actually finding new insight or are they doing it so they can tell people they read the entire Bible every year. I can read an Algebra book from cover to cover and still not know anything about doing algebra. I encourage people all the time to read and study their Bible. Compare the Gospels to one another, Find out why the stories in the Bible were written, who they pertained to at the time and how are they relevant to us today. 

Today I’m going to venture out and go do a couple of visitations at the nursing home. I have two fellas in the same facility so I’ll go see them and maybe even take communion to them. So, it’s time for me to get myself cleaned up and start my week. Have a wonderful week, Enjoy the world and life that God has provided for you. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment