Friday, February 18, 2022

 The old commercial of the Dunkin Donuts guy used to say “Time to make the donuts”. Well, it’’s time to make the orange rolls. I love those silly things. I know they aren’t “homemade” but Pillsbury does an adequate job. For a while they were hard to find in the grocery store. They had lots of the cinnamon rolls but not Orange rolls. I’m not a fan of the cinnamon rolls. Actually the best part of a cinnamon roll is simply walking by a Cinnabon bakery. LOL I always think they smell so good, and then I remember that they are so sweet that they make my teeth hurt and walk away. 

Today is an exact opposite of yesterday. We have lots of sunshine, the 40mph winds have passed, and no projected rain. But, it’s cold with a high of maybe 35 today. The back yard is really sloppy so I won’t be going out there. I hope it dries out some because I have so many small branches that have ben collecting on the ground from the different storms and snow etc. It will take a couple of hours one of these days to get the all picked up. I’m also eyeing all of the leaves that I need to get off of my flowerbeds now. The daffodils are up and peeking through but not blooming. Days like today give you “spring fever” until you walk outside. Then you realize that Mother Nature is just being coy still. But, it will be here soon enough. 

The rain yesterday gave me extra reason to stay in my office downstairs and get some work done. I finished up my 27th of February sermon, bulletin, and AV slides. And I finished up the Ash Wednesday service. Today I may start on March 6th service, and work on my Bible study readings. 

The Backyard Buffet is swarming with birds this morning. Most of them are the small birds like finches, wrens, and chick-a-dees etc. Although there is a fair amount of Cardinals out there. |(Interesting note to self: why do I always capitalize Cardinal and not the names of the other birds? Hmmmm) Most of the feeders are still plenty full which is a good thing because it is too sloppy to be walking around out there. I’ve had a couple of the larger red-headed woodpeckers here this week. Maybe they are migrating back in the area. That would be super. 

Well, the orange rolls were delicious and I’m done here. Have a blessed day. It is the end of the week. I hope you have a blessed weekend. Peace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment