Friday, February 11, 2022

 I’ve been talking about restocking the Backyard Buffet for a couple of weeks now and have not done it until today. So today the snow is mostly gone and the ground hasn’t thawed to the point of sloppy yet so I decided it was time to get off my bum and get it done. It’s 54 degrees with a stiff 12 mph breeze blowing in so it was fairly comfortable out there. It is supposed to start raining at some point today and I wanted to get them refilled before the rain finished melting the snaps and turned the back yard into a mud patch. My guests are very appreciative. There were cardinals coming in before I even finished and came inside. I have some nuthatches and wrens, and chickadees sampling the goods too. I heard a squirrel come and jump on the roof of the sun porch but so far it hasn’t come down to a feeder. But, it will and I see a couple more are up in the surrounding trees checking the place out. It won’t be long now. 

I’m glad to see that I have daffodils coming up throughout the flowerbeds. Sister-in-law Karen already has blooms on hers. I was shocked to see that. Mine are up in varying heights from two to five inches but there are no buds on any of them. I really need to get out there and do so much raking this spring and put down fresh mulch. That’s the problem with daffodil popping their heads through — it makes you start thinking of all the spring work you have to do and there is still snow on the ground. I need to shelve those thoughts for awhile. 

That’s about it for today. I just dropped by for a “howdy”. I pray your day goes well. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment