Wednesday, November 18, 2020

 Welcome to my Wednesday. This is, I think, day thirteen of having COVID and I am doing so much better. I’m breathing much better and I’m moving around much better and I’m not taking any medications that I was. In fact —- I’m craving a DQ Blizzard so I must be alive and well. I m sure I am past contagious and I may sneak down to the DQ drive through later. I figure I will not be putting anybody in any danger and my stomach is talking to me. It often speaks louder than my brain so I must think about this. LOL

I’ve talked to Ms. Kate twice this morning. She was moved in the middle of the night to a different room because they needed her specific room for another patient and she was doing well enough to move. She is still in the Cardiac care unit, just a different room. She is sounding good as can be expected but we have no idea of a release date for her. Her nurse told her this morning that this COVID and the effects can easily linger for three weeks or more. I can believe that. Our nephew had it six weeks again and is still tired and lethargic. 

So, the decision has been made about church services for the rest of the year. We will be going to virtual only through December. I hate that but 100% support and encourage  it. Much of my congregation is as old or older than I am and they are all high risk. The other side of the coin is  we have young children that we just don’t need to even consider exposing to this thing.  I just refuse to put their lives on the line for “tradition”. It will be a strange year with no church decorating, no caroling, no special Christmas Eve service or Christmas tree. Pastor Art says the Grinch has stolen Christmas. I said all the Grinch got was a “worldly tree”. The manger with the Christ child is an immovable object and if it is missing, it is because we gave it away!! And that is where I am going to start my Advent and Christmas sermon themes from: “How we found the true meaning of Christmas”.

It is still cooler than I want to deal with today but I have to gather together my trash and take my trash can down to the street. I wish this were also recycle week but it isn’t and my recycle can is full. You know, I was looking at the amount of Amazon boxes I have received and wished I had the cardboard contract to build Amazon boxes. I could be having COVID on some South Pacific Island!!! 

Enough of that silliness. I pray you have a wonderful day. Go in peace. 














   

No comments:

Post a Comment