Friday, November 27, 2020

 A Good Friday morning to you all. Is this what they call "Black Friday"? I think so, it's that day when shoppers start early and shove and push and physically fight one another over "bargains" and deals for "Loving Christmas presents". No thanks, I'll stay home. We've never gone out on Black Friday that I know of. But, I know several ladies who live for this day. They start early and shop all day. I wonder how cyber-shopping affects that these days. There was a lady interviewed last evening on TV that said her Christmas shopping was all done and that she had done every bit of it on line. Amazing.

How as your Thanksgiving? Ours was pretty benign. Some friends dropped off a full Thanksgiving meal for us at 1500 hrs. She brought ham, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, rolls, Cole slaw, pretzel salad, corn, green beans, and coconut cream pie. Wow! oh, and cookies and Chex Mix. She is obviously a good cook! It was so nice of them to think of us. Of course, I think I told you that Sister-in-law Karen brought by a huge dish of oyster dressing, regular dressing, green bean casserole, and veggie soup on Wednesday afternoon. So, we have a lot of good food around here for the next couple of days. Karen is a great cook too. I had to laugh  though last night when Ms. Kate said, "All of this good food and yet I miss not having the cranberry sauce and the sweet potatoes." She's right. I miss not having the sweet potatoes; I can do without cranberry sauce for the rest of my life. I never was a fan but given the choice, I'd take the canned stuff. 

I guess I'll spend most or at least part of the day writing again. I'm just getting started on my sermon for December 13th and need to finish that one today. And if I have time, I'll start on the December 20th program. Just trying to make good use of my time. I also need to go to the grocery store or maybe call in an order and just go pick it up. There are a few things that I think I need I think I want to pick up a steak and put it on the grill. Ms. Kate and I both need to get some proteins in us and a steak sounds good. 

That's about it for today. I hope your day is filled with love and joy. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment