Tuesday, November 17, 2020

 Wow, it has been two weeks since I posted my last blog, that is hard to believe. As you know, Ms. Kate and I both have COVID-19. She has it much worse than I do and our symptoms are so different. I think I followed “the pattern”; Shortness  of breath, too weak to feel like moving, just basically “sicker than I ever wanted to be.” Ms. Kate on the other hand has so many underlying conditions that COVID attacked those. COVID basically attacked her heart and kidneys and by Sunday morning I had to have her taken by ambulance to the ER. She remains hospitalized. I just spoke to her nurse and they have moved her from the COVID Ward to the Cardiac Ward so they can give her some special medicines. They say she is doing well. 

So, so, sooo many prayers and well wishes have come our way and I can’t be grateful enough. As bad as this has been and continues to be, Ms. Kate and I are so very fortunate. We may be separated but we are both still alive and there is a bright spot at the end of the tunnel. I just pray it’s not the light of an an-coming train! But what would we do without the love of our families and our Faith Families. 

We are needing to make decisions about church services and Christmas and things like that at the church. Gatherings are very limited by state guidelines. I admit that our two churches have gotten way too comfortable about not doing social distancing and if we are to continue to meet in-person, we have to really enforce that again. Luckily, we have a great capability to do all virtual. But our churches are so solidly rooted in their traditions, that it will be heartbreaking to not do their usual things. 

I have not been on the sun porch at all to watch my birds. I’m out of almost every kind of bird food and of course everything is empty. Thursday is supposed to be a nice day so maybe I can so out and see what I have left to make my guests happy again. 

That’s it, I think I will hit the recliner again. Have a blessed day. Thanks for a hanging in there and waiting on me.   Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment