Wednesday, November 4, 2020

 Happy Wednesday, November 4th. It is another bright and sun-shiny day here. It’s 53 degrees at 0830 and believe it or not, it is supposed to go up to the lower 70’s today. That will be a welcome thing. 

We’re up early around here because we have a contractor here this morning already to install the new Leaf-Filter gutter guards on our house. He arrived right on time and says it will takes him two or three hours to get the job done. I was surprised that they only sent one guy to do the job but I can just hope he knows exactly what he id doing. We have  leaf filtering system up there  but I think I told you that it is getting weak and the design of it tends to trap the leaves and dirt on top of the gutters. This new system is designed to be put on with a slight slant so the stuff rolls off. At almost $4,000 bucks, I certainly hope it does as planned. It is supposed to keep me from having to get up there on the roof. It is expensive, but a lot cheaper than medical bills from falling off of a roof. 

I finished up my Nov. 22nd sermon last night so now I’m ready to go on vacation without worry about having to hurry back to get my work done. Now, I need to start working on the Advent season and then Christmas. It is all right around the corner. Heck, I think Thanksgiving is the week after we get back from our vacation.

Yesterday was Election Day for the nation. We still don’t have the results of the election and may not for as long as a week. And of course both sides are gathering their lawyers to protest the results and ballot counts. At the moment, it would appear the challenger is in the lead but that will go back and forth. You know, I never really thought about it before but I wonder how our early settlers voted for president and how they learned who had won? I wonder if they cared. I can imagine that the election results may not have reached the frontier for as much as six months or more. Maybe we were better off then. All of the “instant news” gets so confused with the media giving their take on everything, and when I was listening for a while last night, it was so very obvious that the media was all for the challenger and against the President, but that hasn’t changed since the president was elected four years ago. They news network dudes are trying to analyze this thing from a hundred different ways and they make it so confusing. Sigh, oh well; no matter who wins, — God is still in control. We all need to remember that. We need to remember that we are not one another’s  enemy. We are citizens of America and we have to drop all of this hate and vile language against people we don’t know and have never met. And yes, —- I’m talking to some members of my own family here. How would you like it if people who don’t know you, have never met you, talked about you with vile and foul language on Facebook? Shame on ya. 

Other than that —- have a most blessed day. God loves ya, and so do I. Peace. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment