Thursday, November 26, 2020

 Good morning and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you. I hope wherever you are that your day will be filled with good thoughts and good food. I also hope you are doing your Thanksgiving "virtually and not crowding 87 people in to your house. We want you alive at Christmas too, you know. I saw a meme on Facebook the other day that said something to the effect of: "Before you cancel you family Thanksgiving and Christmas, remember we are not guaranteed a single day of life. So, don't live in fear; celebrate together."  Okay, I understand the sentiment, I really do. But what a dangerous thing to put out there and plant in people's mind. We hear case after case of families that have defied the precautions and had big birthday and other celebrations together and then 10 or 15 members go home with COVID. It just is not worth it. Ms. Kate and I followed all of the precautions and still came down with it. Why in the world would we chance it?  But, emotions often over rules caution. So, my friends, I just urge you to be safe. 

Karen came by yesterday and dropped off a bunch of dressing; both regular and oyster, and green bean casserole, and some veggie soup. I had a plate full last evening and Ms. Kate even ate some dressing too. It was delicious. Karen brought enough for us to put some in the freezer. Today a lovely family is going to drop off a plate of food for each of us and some coconut cream pie. People have ben so wonderful about calling to see if we need anything from the grocery or if they can go by and pick up something for me/us to eat. Ms. Kate and I have a lot of love in our life. 

I guess today I will work on some more writing. I have my service for next week all done and also have the worship service done for the following week. I need to work on the sermon for that service. I'm really trying to get it all done through Christmas because I also just got word yesterday that one of my parishioners has ben diagnosed with a huge brain mass tumor and has been given only 4-6 weeks to live. How very sad. He and his wife have been going through so much illness recently, and they are  nice people. But, that is a funeral that I know will be coming up. Unfortunately with this stupid COVID, I suspect we will be back to very minimal attendance, and I know I can't even go visit. I will call him today and if he is alert, I will pray with him via phone. 

I've talked to all of the girls via Facebook messenger this morning. It's a thing we do daily. If Facebook is good for nothing else, it is good for that. I love being able to just jump on and join in on the conversation or start a new one. With our kids being spread literally coast to coast --- it is a blessing that I don't take lightly. I know not everyone likes their family --- but I love mine!!!

That's it from me today. Have a blessed day. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment