Thursday, June 4, 2020

Welcome to Thursday Morning. It is a bit cloudy this morning and 77  degrees. We are told we are going to have a few Thunderstorms roll through at some point today. Before that happens, I need to bring my new Blackstone griddle in so it doesn't get wet or rusty. I've been pretty pleased with it so far.  I need to check the weather report and see when the storms are predicted; maybe I can cook something on my griddle before I have to put it away.

So yesterday and today again I heard this woodpecker doing a rat-a-tat on something in my back yard. I knew it was close because the sound was loud. I checked it out and lo and behold, I had a Pilated Woodpecker doing it's thing on my gazebo bird feeder that I have mounted up on a pole. I bought that bird feeder several years ago over in Ohio and it has been a good one. It has a clear plastic cylinder down through the middle of it and I usually put safflower seed in it and the cardinals are about the only ones that eat from it. I love the fact that I have a Pilated Woodpecker here but I sure don't want him eating my bird feeder. Silly thing can go across the yard and eat on that dead Red Bud tree. Ms. Kate says that it means that the gazebo is starting to rot. I have not noticed that but I need to check it out.

We went to the church yesterday and ran the bulletins. I met Jacob there  and we brainstormed the set up for this coming Sunday's "Tent Meeting". So far the weather prediction for a gorgeous day is holding. I really hope it continues to hold. I think this is going to be so much fun; and it will be wonderful to be back in in-person worship with everybody again. I think most folks will come but there will be those who are still afraid of catching the Corona Virus and they will stay home. That's okay too because we will be live-streaming it on Facebook and they can watch it there.

Did I tell you that I caught another raccoon night before last?  I called animal control to pick it up and they came out rather quickly. I didn't reset the trap last night. I  did get it all cleaned up and ready to use again. I think this guy was a loner so I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

I don't know why but Facebook changed their app again. I play two games on the computer every day; Criminal Case and Bingo Bash. These were always stored under the heading of "Shortcuts". For some reason, they no longer are. Ms. Kate plays a game called Klondike and it was taken off of the shortcuts list too. The games are still there but we have to go through extra steps to get to them. It makes zero sense to me. Why couldn't they have simply left things alone. It's not just us either. Julie said she had to go looking for her stuff today too. Grrrrrr.

Time to toast a bagel and slather some Philly Creme Cheese on it for breakfast., and pour another cup of coffee. I hope you have a wonderful day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment