Monday, June 15, 2020

Happy new week. I hope your weekend was pleasant. Ours around here was just two more days in a string of days. Nothing exciting going on. The big event that was supposed to be happening didn't. This is the week that we are  supposed to be in Branson, MO hugging necks and sitting on a back patio of a beautiful home enjoying our family reunion. But as you know, the COVID-19 virus terminated all of that not only for us but for people all over the world. I would never have thought that we would still be worrying about this thing still. I though that surely by mid June everything would be alright. But instead, places have opened up and of course the cases of it are spiking again. What is amazing to me now is that the public has gone numb to any news about it. The powers that be are crying the alarm that as many as a quarter of a million people could yet could catch it before 4th of July and as many as 25,000 people could die and it barely makes the news now. I hate the term "New Normal" as I have told you before but, --- God help us, this has all become a new normal. Kate and I haven't "been anywhere" except church, drive through food pick ups at restaurants, and I have been to Lowe's once and I go do the grocery shopping. We're planning a vacation in September with Lisa and her family but I don't have a lot of confidence it will happen because there could be another country shut-down because of COVID or more race riots and demonstrations or something else. What a way to live.

We did have in-person worship yesterday at the churches and that was wonderful. We had a really good turnout at my small church. Percentage wise we had probably 90% of that congregation show up. The larger church wasn't near as good, although I know that there were a lot of those folks watching the service on-line. Our camera for the service didn't do a very good job of picking up the sound though. I watched the video last night and I had to turn the volume all the way up to understand it. Jacob used a different camera yesterday. I think he was using his IPhone rather than the IPad he had been using. We'll have to look into it.

I set my trap last night to catch the raccoon and it out-smarted me. I had put some peanut butter in a small used tuna can and set it in the middle of the trap. This morning I checked the trap and had noting in it. But then I check the can for the peanut butter and noticed that the can had bee pulled over to one corner. So, the little bugger pulled it over there and just sat on the outside, reaching through and getting his peanut butter. So today I am going to drill a couple of holes in that can and wire it to the center and see if that does it. Darn thing!! I hate being out-smarted by a raccoon.

That's enough for today. It looks to be a pleasant week so enjoy yourself and give thanks to God for your blessing. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment