Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Good morning on this Tuesday, June 2nd, which just happens to be Indiana primary Election Day. You can bet that Ms. Kate and I will be at the polling center a little later today and cast our ballot. We could have asked for absentee ballots and filled them out and mailed them in. But frankly, I just don’t trust that. Ballots for my party seem to get “lost” somehow which is why the other party seems to be really pushing for mail in ballots. I’m not saying they are crooked, but it is said and has been shown  that a lot of dead people seem to keep voting for that party’s candidates year after year. So, I go vote in person. I don’t have any guarantee that it is any safer, but at least I see when the machine says my vote has been cast.

Well, I have baited my trap the last two night and haven’t caught my raccoon yet. The bait has been gone both mornings. I figured out that the trap trip platform is not releasing the spring. I think the last coon that Art caught with it must have bent the platform trying to escape. I’ll have to work on it and see if I can fix it. If not, —- it only cost $25.00 so I’ll go get a new one.

Today is going to be a hot one; — 90 degrees. I have office work to do today so the basement will be the place to be. I need to make parishioner calls today and I need to do a short video to the church Facebook page about our service this coming weekend. The weather seems to be cooperating so we are going to do an outside service on Sunday. I’m finally getting the “tent meeting” service that I wanted to do a few weeks ago. I hope it turns out as good as I want it to. It will be wonderful to have folks back together even though they will have to be wearing masks and staying six feet apart. The energy of Christian love will fill the gaps between parishioners, of that, I have no doubt.

So, I guess I better get cleaned up and get ready to go vote. I hope people don’t treat this like they do so many primary elections. Turnout is generally light and since people have been making in their ballots already, the lines may be short. We’ll just have to go and see.

Have a blessed day. Do something kind for someone today and give God thanks that you have that opportunity to share His love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment