Wednesday, June 3, 2020

It’s “hump day”! I’m a little later in the morning writing this morning; it 1045 and already 80 degrees outside. It is however, very comfortable. I as out a bit ago checking on the raccoon that I trapped last night. I heard my trap snap shut at about 0100 and went out there. Sure enough, it had fallen or the old peanut butter trick. And was not one bit happy. I called animal control first thing this morning and they come out fairly quickly and picked him up. I’m glad that it didn’t have to stay in the cage very long. I can’t believe how much of the area around the trap that raccoon tore up. The cage is full of pulled up daffodil stalks and dirt. It tore the container that I had the peanut butter in totally apart. Much of it is gone so I guess unfortunately it ate it. I say unfortunately because it was plastic. If it ate it, it might kill it eventually. I bought a new trap yesterday because the other trap is torn up and I don’t think I can fix it. I watched the way it was working on this new trap and I hope it didn’t tear this one up. I know I have a lot of cleaning up to do on this trap now.

The race riots, looting, burning, and killing of police officers and innocent civilians trying to protect their property continues. It is a night and day issue. During the day, large, mostly peaceful crowds gather and protest which is lawful and fine. At night the young thugs and opportunists come flowing out into the streets for the sole purpose of destruction and mayhem and anarchy. They have no interest in a cause and they are often being bussed in and paid to do it by someone or many someone’s desiring to overthrow the gov’t. I watched a video this morning of looters that had broken into a shoe store and crowds of young people were storming in and grabbing boxes and boxes of shoes. They didn’t care one bit that people were filming them because they know nothing will be done to them. There was a video of a bunch of them that beat an 80 year old woman with fists and boards because she stood in front of her shop trying to deter them. They are the devil’s animals at work.

I better drop off before I get into a rant. I do pray that God will show us how to bring peace back to this nation. We have had protests here. In Evansville and they have been peaceful for the most part, with no arrests or destruction. The protesters stand to one side or march and the police stand off to the other side. Some protesters say that the police shouldn’t be there at all because it is threatening and one lady came on the camera and said the police department should be abolished completely. Everybody has an opinion I reckon.

I need to get ready and I have to clean up an animal trap and then I need to go to the church today and run buletins for Sunday.  Have a great “Hump Day”. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment