Wednesday, June 10, 2020

And Wednesday is here already, Wow! And -- it appears to be a good one. We have had our temperature high (84) already for the day and now the temperature is gong to drop back down to a comfortable 75 or so with a slight breeze and a partly cloudy sky.

My chores today are to go to the church and run my bulletins for this coming Sunday, and I need to go by a farm-stand and pick up a couple of tomatoes and maybe some squash and cucumbers for some fresh veggies around the house.  I also have to get serious about the sermon that I am writing. I have the service done so I can print the bulletins but I have only one page of the sermon written. It is another one of those that I have an idea of what I want to say and I kind of have an outline but I'm a long way from a finished product. I know that some preachers will tell you; "I never prepare a sermon, I don't even know what I'm going to say until I get up there and then God tells me what to say." Well, good for them; but I can't do that and that's not my style. I used to watch my former mentor, Rev. Dr. John Trnka get up and give a sermon and he'd have maybe several single sentences on a card to go by and he gave wonderful sermons. I look at my current mentor and fellow-pastor, Rev. Dr. Art Christmas and he is almost the same way. He and I exchange sermons every week and he sends me a couple of short written pages of narrative and turns that into a 15-20 minute sermon. I send him four to five pages to read for my 15-20 minute messages. He gets out from behind the pulpit and can walk around and give his and I cling to the pulpit for support and protection. LOLOL. Ms. Kate will tell you that if I start to get off of the written and go extemporaneous, I'll get to running down rabbit-trails and everybody will be lost. Different strokes for different folks I reckon. But, God hasn't fired me yet and people tell me that they get inspiration from my sermons, so I reckon I'll keep on, keeping on.

When I get finished at the churches today I think maybe it is time that Ms. Kate and I went to Sam's Club and did some looking around. I think we should look for things like paper products, toilet paper, paper plates etc. I don't know if the hoarding of those products has stopped or not because we haven't been to Sam's or Walmart since all of this craziness started and have only been in Target once. Nor have we been in a store of any kind together since February. I have done all of the grocery shopping except for Ms. Kate going into Fresh Market last week. So maybe we'll go to Sam's just for an adventure. (What a sad life.)

Okay, enough for today. I pray your week will finish off with loads of blessings and praise for God. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment