Monday, June 29, 2020

Monday, new week, and it is hot already this morning and is not going to get any better throughout the day. It is currently 84 with a feels like temperature of 94 and is muggy as the dickens. It’s just one big ol’ Yuk! But, I think the rain has washed away the Saudi Arabia dust storm that is sweeping the globe. Who would have believed that a dust storm 16,000 miles away was going to cause breathing problems here in southern Indiana. But, it did. I could literally taste the air and the grit in it.

This morning I took Ms. Kate for her doctor’s appointment (check-up) with Dr. Jackson. He said that everything looked good for her except for the Pro-time blood work that controls her blood thinner. She had to do another blood test for that after her doctor’s appointment. Then we went to McDonald’s and picked up a couple of breakfast sandwiches will probably get us through to supper time.

We had good attendance at the churches yesterday. More people came back from their COVID-19 hibernation. This coming Sunday Indiana is scheduled to go to stage 5 of the re-opening which means that masks become optional and and most businesses can now operate at 100% capacity. It is worrisome though because many states that opened much earlier are now seeing spikes in cases again. Much of it is because people have not practiced the safety guidelines. They have been out in the streets protesting and rioting. They have been filling the bars and nightclubs. They have been crowding the beaches and parks and other events. And they haven’t been social distancing, nor have they been wearing their masks. So 36 states are seeing a major rise in the number of cases again. I hope that doesn’t happen here in Indiana. I would really hate for the to be closing things down again and especially hate for the churches to have to go back to just televised worship services. But, we’ll just pray a that people will begin to show some common sense, and that it won’t come to that.

I’m waiting on a call from a refrigerator repair guy. Our little Kitchen Aid porch refrigerator quit cooling at all. I suspect that it is just out of refrigerant because the fan was still blowing but just no cold air. It has been a good appliance and I would hate To lose a Kitchen Aid appliance of any kind. So, hopefully, this guy can fix it.

We had quite a rain yesterday. I had almost six inches in my rain gauge. We are slated for rain of some measure every day this week. It is messing with my asparagus planting. I still need to put the compost in the raised bed but the bed is too wet to work in. Ohh, well, one day at a time.

I pray you will have a wonderful week. Stay safe from the COVID. Say your prayers and give thanks to God Almighty for blessings received. I would also ask that you say a prayer for my organist at one of my churches. She was just diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and it has spread to her liver and spine. She was already taking kidney dialysis three days a week and now adding a combination of chemotherapy to that is going to be so very hard on her. She is a dear sweet lady and my heart breaks for her and her family. So lift her up please. You don’t need to know her name, God already does. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment