Thursday, June 25, 2020

A very pleasant Thursday to you. It is 70 degrees and sunny and I’m waiting for the tree trimmers to show up and get busy. They have finished the house next door to the north and now they have been working for the last two days three doors to the south. That guy had a lot of work done. I was outside yesterday watching these guys work and it was fascinating. Up at that house they have room to use a bucket and lift and they were taking a couple of trees down. The amount of safety rigging and harnesses used was quite interesting. At our house though they are going to have to go old fashion and use climbing spikes. I’m only have trees thinned out and they can’t get close enough with a truck to use the bucket. I think I’ll have some unhappy squirrels when this is over.

I filled 16 feeders yesterday and of course the blackbirds are back and are all over the bark-butter bits containers. Those are always the first two emptied and the blackbirds will stay on them until they are gone. I don’t know how they can eat so much. But, — this morning I have a few of every kind of bird and of course a couple of squirrels that are filling their bellies.

Yesterday was my lazy day. We went to run the bulletins on Tuesday evening so we could be home yesterday in case the tree crew wanted to come here. But — they didn’t so we basically did nada all day. I don’t have a lot of days that I don’t do anything, well I did mow the front lawn; but that didn’t take long and I only mowed mine this week. I think today I am going to run out to Lowes and see if I can get the material I need to create my raised garden bed. I received my asparagus plants yesterday in the mail so now I need to build the bed and get the crowns in the ground. I checked my compost container yesterday and it is ready to put out there on the garden. That is like free gold. We have a large pile of dirt up at the church from digging graves and I need to see if I can maybe get several bags of that to put in my raised bed. I don’t see why I couldn’t/ It is just out there and the renter next door lets their kid ride on it with his bike. I have a bunch of bird seed bags that I could maybe fill and bring home. If I could get maybe 10 bags full that would be enough and would save me a bunch of money.

Thaat’s it for today. I pray you have a great day and that it is filled with joy. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment