Monday, June 22, 2020

Monday afternoon already and I feel like I haven’t accomplished much so far today. This morning I had to take Ms. Kate for some bloodwork to be done. Her Pro-Time medication was way out of whack from her testing last week so they had her lay off of her blood thinners for a few days and told her to come in today for another testing. That’s what happens when the medication for one thing works against the medication for something else. It becomes a vicious cycle.

After we went to the doctor’s office we went to Subway and picked up a couple of sandwiches for lunch. Unfortunately we were the first customer and their toaster takes a while to heat up so we didn’t wait for our sandwiches to be heated up. The ya were still okay but would have been better heated.

Our next door neighbors, Jeff and Theresa have a tree trimming crew over at their house today. They are having one large maple taken out, and two more trees thinned and trimmed. The maple has been having limbs fall out and although not huge they have been hitting their cars. I went over and had their owner come to our place and give me an estimate on cutting out a bunch of the dead stuff that I have in my Tulip Poplar trees and to trim back my over grown lilac bushes. The price is right so I’ve told them to do the job. These guys do a good job. Two of our other neighbors have had them remove trees for them and they did a good quick job. As he was leaving my house, here come a guy from the other side of Dan’s house wanting an estimate on some work at his house. But, that’s the way it is when people see that you are doing a good job and hear that your prices are reasonable. Tat will be seven jobs just within our block.

I’m trying to work on Sunday’s sermon. It is the story of Abraham and Isaac. The story is simple enough. Sorting out ancient Biblical history though is tough. The first thing that is always hard to reconcile to people is that much of what we relate form the ancients is that it is narrative and story but not necessarily “historical fact”. The stories were audible history for a thousand years before the first word was written. So the fact that Abraham was 100 years old before he got his 95 year old wife pregnant has to be listened to for the message God wants us to know, not for the accuracy of the facts.  As one of my favorite pastor’s once said during a class I was taking from him: “The Bible is total truth but it is not a history book.” I have never forgotten that and I have applied it to all of my research and sermon writing. To me, that statement takes away the element of doubt that can get in the way of our faith.

I found a place to get rid of the two flat-screen TV sets that are riding around in the back of my truck. I called a place this morning and have an appointment next week to drop the off. They charge like twenty cents a pound. As soon as I get that done, then I’m going to Lowes and purchase the materials for my raised bed for the garden. Then I can pant my asparagus plants. gotta keep busy ya’ know. LOL

That’s it for today. Hav a blessed week. Peace my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment