Saturday, June 6, 2020

Saturday morning, June 7th. It is currently 86 degrees "out yonder" and is going to 93 before the day is out. That doesn't sound like the worst day ever does it? If I were going to plan a day for an outdoor outing at the beach or picnicking someplace, I'd say it was a perfect day. If fact I am very much anticipating this same kind of day tomorrow for out out door service. The only problem I have is that we were issued an sir quality alert for today which means I should not spend too much time outside. Sigh --- what else is new; if it isn't Corona Virus alerts, it's racial riot alerts and then it's air quality alerts. No wonder people don't want to go anywhere.

We did a little running around yesterday. I went to Lowe's and picked up the new toilet flapper to fix Ms. Kate's toilet.  While I was there, I picked up a new drill. I've been waiting for Father's day to get here so I could get one on sale. And this is the first time I have been in Lowe's since all of this COVID crap started and I found a good deal on one so I whipped out some of my gift cards and bought one. Bless my kids hearts, they have kept me supplied with Lowe's gift cards for years and I love it. Yesterday I took out three, paid and left. I still have another five in my billfold.

Today is a day of tension for many of our Evansville residents. Allegedly sometime this afternoon or evening, there is supposed to be bus loads of rioters and looters coming into the east side of town and they plan to storm the large Target and the Walmart Super-center and steal and destroy. Now, how anybody knows this is anybody's business. Allegedly this is all part of the protests. Frankly, I feel that if the black community wants solidarity and change, they should be out there along side of the police and telling these thugs "No way -- Not Today. What a sad and dangerous world we live in. But, the police force is on full alert so we'll see what happens. Hopefully nothing will happen.

Okay, I gotta stop and do something productive. I also need to go over my sermon for tomorrow. I pray you will have a safe weekend. I also pray for this nation and our community. Let's practice kindness. Let's practice tolerance. Let's stay in touch with God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment