Friday, June 19, 2020

A blessed Friday to you. I hope your day has started out well and finishes up even better. It is aa pleasant morning around here but is going to be a warm one. I think 89 with rising humidity is on the score card.

It is laundry day around here. The first load (darks) have been washed and are in the dryer, The other load (whites) have yet to go in. Ms. Kate always has something she wants to pre-treat so she told me today to just carry the stuff out there and she will get it in the washer. LOL, she can put it in the washer but she can’t get it back out because she is too short. If I’m not here to help she uses a pair of tongs. Like everything else, we make a good team. I had to throw my every-day tennis shoes in the washer this morning. I did a bunch of tilling yesterday and they were really dirty When I finished. I’ve needed to do that for awhile but yesterday got them past wearing in public.

I did get the garden all tilled yesterday. It took quite awhile. I needed to get the bed ready to plant the new asparagus plant’s that are coming in the mail shortly. I also need to read up on planting asparagus. I’ve heard everything from planting the crowns three feet deep to six inches. The worst part will be the three year wait to see if we will actually have a crop. I guess I’ll need something to do when I’m 79. LOL

I’ve been outside long enough to put air in the tire of the “backyard John Deere”. One of my projects today is to clean that mower up. It is filthy and hasn’t had a good cleaning since I bought it a dozen years ago. The poor thing has been neglected. I also think I will call my JD dealer and have them come get it and service it. The blades need sharpening and the oil need changed, and maybe a new fuel filter etc. I just have too hard of a time getting down and back up to do that kind of stuff. I did good to get down to air up the tire this morning.

I’m very happy to report that Ms. Kate is feeling very much better this morning. I’m relieved. I waas really getting concerned. She did have a full blood-work up done yesterday and an xray done on her lumbar. It comes out to be basically arthritis in her back. As you know, daughter Julie had terrible Rhumatoid Arthritis and it runs in Ms. Kate’s family on her dad’s side. So, I’m not surprised. But, Thank you God, for the relief that she is feeling today.

That’s it for this beautiful Friday. Time to get back to work. Have a blessed weekend. I may see you tomorrow. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment