Monday, May 6, 2019

Welcome to another new week. I hope your weekend was filled with good things. Our Saturday was another rainy day; (I'm so tired of rain) and we didn't do much of anything. I worked on writing my monthly pastor's report for the council and I did some sermon work. I now have June 2nd done and have started on the June 23rd worship service. I'm getting to the point I want to get to before we leave on vacation. 

Sunday, of course, was cuch day and we had seventy-two for worship. That's a good number although I did notice there were a few people out on vacation. Ms. Kate and I were surprised to see one of our folks from St. Lucas UCC come for worship with us. He had driven almost two hours to get here. It was wonderful to visit with him and worship with him again.

The weather was absolutely perfect yesterdy and the ground had dried out enough that I could mow yesterday afternon. So I jumped on the "backyard" John Deere and knocked that out in about ten minutes. Then I went to the garage and got on the "front-yard" John Deere and mowed our front yard, Purdy's front yard, and Dan's front yard. Dan's back yard is a lost cause because of all of the water he gets in his yard. He's going to need some major work done back there because his backyard is a swamp. Even when I mowed on the hill part of that yard I was leaving tracks. So, I told him, and he absolutely agrees, that I won't take my John Deere in there anymore. I also don't mow Purdy's back yard because they have a lot of stuff back there that I wouls have to mow around.

I took my boot off again last night to sleep. It felt wonderful. Tomorrow I start my physical therapy with the foot and I'm supposed to be able to put full weight on it beginning tomorrow. I think I have been already putting more weight on it than the doctor recommended, but who knows what half weight even means. I'm using walker and cane for everything now and I'm getting arund very well. The boot chafes the injury sight and I will be glad to get rid of that too. I told Ms. Kate that I think that maybe by next week, I will be able to start driving to places by myself. I can put my cane, and walker if need be, in the truck and she can finally quit having to accompany me everywhere I go. She said she had thought that it was about time that I could do that too. Of course --- that also means that I hope to be able to take the stairs to the basement too and finaly, after three months, get to wtch y new television, and do my office work down there. I would really like to be able to have our house back in order before we jaunt off on our vacations.

That's enough for today. I pray you will have a wonderful week. Stay in touch with God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment