Thursday, May 23, 2019

How does time keep slipping by me and how did I not write on Tuesday and Wednesday. Well, actually I guess I have been a bit busy. Tuesday of course was Physical Therapy in the morning, followed my taking Ms. Kate out to lunch. Then a short hop over to the grocery store for a couple of things and then home and then it was late in the day and nap time. By then I was ready to put my foot up. My therapist told me that I need to be putting my foot up above my heart for awhile each day to help with the swelling. So, I have stacked some pillows up on the couch and lay down there for about an hour. I also learned on Tuesday that I was “walking wrong” which adds to my back ache and ankle pain. I had not realized that I was walking with my foot pointed out instead of straight head. She mentioned it first thing Tuesday and I have been concentrating on keeping it forward ever since. It has made a difference. So, thank you Ms. Jennifer.

Yesterday was office hours and staff meeting with Art and Karen. I did some putzing around the house, had lunch and laid down with my foot up again. I got a new book in the mail yesterday that I had ordered and I started reading that. It is a very well written book called “Strenuous Commands: the Ethic of Jesus.” I read about a fourth of it yesterday and will go back to it again today.

Today is “new case day” for my computer game “Criminal Case”. So I started my morning off playing that and then my Bingo Bash game. After that I came out to the sunporch and put it back in order. We’ve barely been able to move around in here with furniture shoved here and there to facilitate my getting in and out. I had the folks come and get my wheelchair and now we are ready to put the family room back together again. Life has pretty much returned to normal around here. My accident and recovery has sure caused a lot of inconvenience. I’m still hobbling around and using my cane but that is minor by comparison. I even was able to take the seat out of the shower and put it away. Sometime today, I hope to get the remainder of the potted plants moved from the Sunporch out onto the patio. It is supposed to rain some more this afternoon and all of the pots are fairly dry and need water. I wanted to let them dry out so I could lift them easier.

Ms. Kate hasn’t been feeling wel for the past couple of days. We think it is her diverticulitis flaring up again. So, put her in your prayer plan. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment