Friday, May 17, 2019

Good Friday morning! It is sunny and beautiful outside. It is already seventy-four and going upto eighty eight today. The farmers are loving these I’m starting my morning here at the Backyard Buffet which by the way, I still need to refill. Oh, there is still plenty of food out there, Just ask the old fat squirrel that is sitting on the feeder on the south edge of the yard. BUt, my up and close feeders are empty so I don’t get the benefit of having my guests up front where I can atch them.

I’m doing pretty well this morning, my ankle was swollen pretty good last evening but that hs subsided pretty well by this morning. Of course, as soon as I start hobbling around on it, it will swell up again. That is just the way of things right now. It is my fault, — I don’t ice it enough, in fact hardly ever. I kind of just rely on it to subside when I take the time to sit down and put my feet up in my recliner.

I can’t spend the whole day just sitting around with my feet up though. There is outside work to be done and I need to get busy doing some of it. I planned on planting my tomato plants yesterday and planting my okra but I didn’t get to it. Part of the problem was that my friend Bob called and said he had extra asparagus and wanted to give us some. So, we took off and drove up to his house. By the time we got back I was ready to give in to the ankle and sit down for the evening. This dang thing sure is aa limiter on whatI can and can’t do. I tend to push it too much and then I have to pay for it. So today, I will get the tomato plants in the ground and I will get the okra seeds planted.

I haven’t seen my hummingbirds come back. They were here three weeks ago and we filled the feeder for them but I haven’t seen them since. But this morning, I have aa couple of wrens out here that are very entertaining. I think wrens may be my favorite bird. They are so quick and so cute and animated with their actions.

Okay, it is time to get moving for the day. It is the beginning of a weekend and I hope you have time to enjoy yourself. Use the time wisely and don’t forget to take the time to stop everything and give God praise and glory. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment