Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Happy day after Memorial Day. I hope you have made it home safely from wherever you might have gone. We had a good weekend. I went to two graduation parties for high school graduates that I confirmed at church four years ago. Now they are ready to head to college and enjoy the next phase of their life. Time, like a river, just rolls on.It ws aa joy getting to see all of the folks from my former parish aand visit with them for awhile and catch up on their lives. We do love the folks up there.

Ms. Kate and I worked too hard yesterday. We decided to try to move some of the furniture back to its original place and get the family room back in order. The first thing we tackled was the couch. It took us 45 minutes of pushing, shoving, grunting, and even lifting that heavy thing. But, we got it done. Then we put down an area rug and carried in the coffee table. The problem with the couch is that it was about six inches or so too long to fit through the angles we needed it to. It doesn’t fold and walls don’t move. LOL. In the end, the only solution was to lift one end, which neither of us is supposed to do, and the do some more shoving. But —- Ta-daaaaa! The rest of the moving will be a breeze by comparison. It is great to see the family room starting to look quasi-normal again.

The wrens are busy again this morning and are singing their little hearts out. I think it must be mating and nesting time because they are gathering material and flying off. So far this morning the wrens and finches are my most prominent guests. Many of the feeders are empty again so at some point today I will need to fill them.

I have physical therapy again this morning at 11:20. Then we need to go out to AAA and pick up the latest maps for Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia and the Norfolk & Virginia Beach area. Ms. Kate and I have a lot to do this week to get ready for our vacation. But, I am so excited about this vacation. I think there will be 16 of us at the family reunion. Josh’s family aren’t able to make it but he will be there. Having all my girls and their hubbies and the grandchildren in one place is just so very special. I wish we could afford to do it more often than every two years. With the family spread coast to coast it is just seemingly impossible, and the fact is that the grandkids are growing and will be on their own before long. Jon is the last one to graduate from high school. Sigh.

Shower time and I got to see what I can maybe do to ease the pain in the foot. So, you go have yourself a most wonderful day. Stay in touch with God. God will certainly stay in touch with you if you will just stop and listen. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment