Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Tuesday afternoon and it is a cool one. It also smells heavenly here i the sunporch. Ms. Kate has been telling me for sometime that something smelled really good and I just wasn’t catching it. Well, now I have. We have an orange tree in a pot here on the porch and it is blooming. It is wonderful. We bought this tree when we were in Florida maybe three years ago and it was about a foot tall. Now it is at least five feet tall and is going to be a bear to move out on the patio, but I am thrilled that it is blooming. Now, I wonder if it will actually put on an orange?

Mother’s Day came and went. Julie come over by herself, not even the pups were with her. It was a wonderful visit. We didn’t go out for lunch because we knew that every place i town old be packed. Besides, we all went out Friday evening to a really nice place for dinner. So, Ms. Kate cooked up a wonderful meal for us.

Yesterday I did my normal office hours and then had to go back for the church council meeting last night. I had expected that the meeting might be a bit tense because of an issue one of the parishioners had with a sermon that I had given but, it appears that the issue is solved.

Today was a great day at the doctor’s office. I had my physical therapy first thing this morning and then I had the follow-up for my ankle. The doctor has released me from having to wear my boot, use a walker, wear compression sock, nor do I really need my wheelchair anymore. I have moved most of my work stuff back down to my desk in the basement and have begun working from there again. This afternoon we took a cane and walker that we had borrowed from Karen back to her. This feels so good. The ankle still hurts , of course, but tat is mainly just from walking. It will get better and my therapy will help all of that. I don’t have to go back to see my doctor until July 2nd, and so far, my therapy will end at the end of May. Vacation here we come. God be praised for my healing.

Have a great day my friends. I already have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment