Friday, May 3, 2019

Another cloudy day has arrived. Unfortunately I had a necessary call at 0615 and that woke me up enough to not go back to sleep. So, I’ve been up for quite awhile already. Yes, I know many of you got up early every day and you trundle off to work but I don’t except for a couple of days a week. And, even on those days hat I do have to work,, 0730 is an early rise .

More firsts in my post accident life. I know they may not be exciting to you but they are just small signs of my improvement and progress so you get to hear about them whether you want to or not. LOL. Today I was able to stand while I dried myself after my shower and didn’t have to hold on to anything for balance. I’m getting steadier on my feet now that I am able to put at least half of my weight in the leg. That means I don’t have to drag a towel along with me to the bedroom to sit down and then dry myself off. That is a major accomplishment in my book. Secondly, I was able to get my leg up enough to put my compression sock on by myself. That gives me one more self reliance accomplishment. Thirdly, I made it down my ramp from the family room to the sun porch using my walker. I had been a little hesitant about trying that because I didn’t now how steady I would be on that grade. But —- I made it just fine. I really hope that by next week I will be able to take the ramp up and go down those two steps using a cane. The biggest drawback at the moment is that there is no handrail to hold on to.

So, all of the above has now allowed me to sit in the sun porch while I writ this blog this morning. For the first time in many, many days and weeks, it really is “Notes from the Sun Porch”. That too feels wonderful.

Ms. kate and I went to Walmart yesterday. Or, I guess I should she went to Walmart. I didn’t go in, I just sat in the car. I knew I would be zero help wit the shopping and it would be a lot more walking than I was ready to try. They very seldom have any of the battery operated carts available and if they do theydon’t have any charge left in them.

OK, I’m out of here I gotta go get a hair cut. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment