Saturday, May 25, 2019

A blessed Memorial Day Weekend Saturday to you. It is sunny and 74 degrees already this morning and is going to be  “typical” (what ever that means anymore) Memorial Day weather which means hot and humid. But, it is a great change from all of the rain that we have been having. I refuse to complain about our rain though as so many people across the country are in the middle of storms and tornadoes and flooding. It has been a disastrous week for millions of people. I ask you to join me in prayers for relief and comfort for all of those folks.

Yesterday morning I had my physical therapy. I had a different therapist and she gave me some different exercises to do. I didn’t have any problem with any of them which is a good thing. Next week is my final visit with my neurosurgeon for my back. I expect he will release me. So far all he has done is have me get X-rays and read them and tell me to wait and see what happens. At first he mentioned surgery and stuff but I think it has healed on its own. I have some minor problems with it but most of that has just come with age. It certainly isn’t as strong as it was and I have a problem lifting as much as I used to, but there are work arounds for most everything. I bought a 40# bag of birdseed yesterday and had a little trouble picking that up. Today I have to move it from the car to the shed. And, —- I think next week will be my last physical therapy. At least, it is the last I have scheduled. I’ll be gone for three weeks on vacation but they may want me to come back in for final evaluation when I get back.

After PT yesterday I went to the John Deere dealer to pick up my spark plug and fuel filter for my “backyard” John Deere. It quit the other day  and wouldn’t restart after I put gas in it. So yesterday I changed out the spark plug and it started on first crank. I still need to change out the fuel filter but that can wait until I get back from vacation. Maybe by then I’ll be able to get up and down easier from the ground.

My Backyard Buffet guests this morning are mostly wrens and Goldfinches There is a beautiful cardinal sitting over on one of the feeders and the sun is hitting him just right to make him glisten. It is a beautiful sight. I was watching a robin this morning hopping around in the yard It found a night crawler for its breakfast and seemed almost overwhelmed by it. He would peck at it and it seemed to almost attack him as it tried to crawl away. If was funny to watch as the robin would jump back and then go at it again.

That’s it for today. I pray your holiday will be full of love and friendship. Take time to give thanks for all of the brave people that have died in defense of our nation to preserve the freedom that we have. Take time to give thanks to God for the freedom that comes with having a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment