Wednesday, September 6, 2017

What a blessed looking morning out there in the buffet territory. The sun is shining brilliantly, there is no wind and the temperature is sixty-five degrees. It looks and feels like fall especially with all of the leaves that have fallen from the poplar trees in the past few days. I know we will have lots of warm days yet but these semi-cool days are wonderful. It appears I need to refill some of the feeders once again. This is getting to be a three times a week event as a minimum. That is not unexpected as the temperatures start to cool off. I was checking the weather out in West Yellowstone National Park this morning since we are headed out there at the end of the month and it is thirty seven degrees at the moment. We are certainly going to need some warm jackets to take along on the trip. I'm excited about this trip, especially for Ms. Kate who is always cold anyway. Her blood thinner medicines keep her in a sweater most of the time. The last time she and I were at Yellowstone we sat and watched for Old Faithful to erupt. It was a very cool windy morning and we got there just after it had gushed which meant we had to wait the 45 minutes or what ever for it to erupt again. I have a picture of her and Karen sitting huddled together in their jackets shivering, with very unhappy faces. Then it erupted and all I heard was ---- "We froze our butts off for that???" They were not impressed.  (I will admit that the pictures of Old Faithful erupting look better than the actual event.) I hope our timing will be better or that the temperature will be warmer this time.

Ms. Kate and I have started "walking". We are both terribly out of shape and our lives have become terribly sedentary. So, we decided that we would start doing a litle walking. Our distance isn't much yet and require a few stops along the way to let Ms. Kate's heart quit pounding and to catch some air, but we'll get there. Gosh it seems like just yesterday I was walking seven miles a day at a brisk pace every morning before I went to work. I had to do that to maintain my weight for the Air Force and as an example to my personnel who worked for me. But --- while it might seem like "just yesterday", --- in reality that was 40 pounds and almost twenty years ago. Dang  ---- where has the time gone? Obviously it passed me by while I was in my recliner, or maybe at my desk writing sermons and stuff.

I think today I will head back out to the flowerbeds and maybe to the backyard and rake some leaves. That works for me for good exercise and it needs doing. I also need to cut the okra today, I should have done it yesterday. So there is outside work waiting on me and I must get to it. God has provided the opportunity and great weather to do it, I just need to provide the effort. Isn't that pretty typical of what God does??? So, Have a mst wonderful day. Tell someone you love them and pray for them. I've included you in my prayers today, so pass it along. Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment