Thursday, September 21, 2017

By golly it's Thursday already. This week is going by quickly; seems like just yesterday it was Wednesday. LOL

It is another warm morning as summer makes this one last gasp before giving over to fall. But the evidence of autumn is everywhere and I get to rake it up and mulch it today. I should be out there right now doing it while it is only 80 degrees because it is going up to 90 today. Oh well, a little sweat equity never hurts. It will help sweat off some of this apple pie I have been eating.

I was doing a little channel surfing last night and I came across a show called The Last Buffalo on the Smithsonian Channel so I sat and watched that. It showed the annual Buffalo roundup in Custer State park that I will be attending a week from tomorrow. How exciting that is going to be. I was lucky enough to catch the program in time to DVR that portion so we can watch it again today. It looks like they get a very large crowd of people that come to watch it it. Folks were streaming into the park at daybreak and the cowboys and cowgirls were already there on horseback to guide the people to where they need to be. I just think it is going to be one of those "lifetime" experiences. So far the weather forecast shows that it will be very cool, a low of 38 and a high of 60 but that's why we'll take good jackets. It takes several hours for all of that to happen and that means a lot of time sitting in a open field with the wind blowing around us. My weather apps also tell me that the areas we are going to are under winter weather advisories today and this week. The mountain passes are supposed to get as much as eight to ten inches of snow at the higher elevations. So, we'll just have to play it all by ear and see what we see and do what ever we can. heck, by the time we get there this weather system will be long gone. It's going to be beautiful no matter what.

I'm still offering prayers for all of the folks who have been affected by hurricanes and earthquakes. People in Mexico are digging out survivors and bodies by hand. Japan got hit by a major earthquake too yesterday. The island of Puerto Rico is totally dark and without power. People in Texas are still trying to get into their homes and people in Florida are still returning to homes that are destroyed. Other islands in the Carribean are devastated too. So, we need to keep all of those millions of folks in our prayers and if a way is available for us to help. It is our duty as a human being to do so. Just make sure whatever money you donate is going to an organization that actually does help people and not just fill the pockets of their CEOs and corporate people.

I have finished my piece of pie and now I must start my day. I pray your day will be filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment